I just want to share this simple trick that I’ve learned in my college days on how you can speed up your internet speed by 20%. FYI, Microsoft has set a default value of 20% for its reserved bandwidth which will be use “only” during Windows updates so if you are not the kind of user who always update their operating system then you might want to set this thing to 0. You can simply apply this trick by following the steps below:
Click Start then Run and type gpedit.msc
- A window will pop-up. This opens the group policy editor.
- Go to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration
- Administrative Templates->Network->QOS Packet Scheduler
- Double click Limit Reservable Bandwidth
- Tick Enabled and use a value of zero on the Bandwidth limit.
This will allow the system to reserve nothing, thus you can use the full bandwidth for your browsing, gaming and streaming activities. This trick works on Win XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and as well as Win 2000.